Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Washed Out

I went into Pretoria this weekend. Bridget was leaving because she decided Peace Corps wasn't fitting into her life's plan. I had a nice weekend in the city, hanging out with Bridget when she wasn't doing paperwork. I also took all my clothes to the laundromat since i hate hand washing. I also found where the weekly farmer's market is and got some GREAT cheese for a grilled cheese and some fresh strawberries at a steal. I decided a treat was ok to celebrate the end of the school year. I really didn't want to come back to the village, but I needed to. I left Pretoria on time, but spent all day traveling. For some reason, it took over 6 hours for the less than 3 hour trip. I show up to my taxi rank and am waiting for a taxi to come. There were none sitting there because it was too late and most of the drivers had already quit for the day. Finally a taxi came, but the driver needed to talk to me. "You know there is no road into Mare, right? You'll have to walk. Is that ok?" Like I have a choice. So on I went. The taxi took me part of the way, then let me off to walk the last 2-3 miles. At this point, I regretted bringing all my laundry to the city, but at least I was able to make it back ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment