Thursday, April 29, 2010

Project Preparations

Well, when I was told about this village, I was excited for the new challenge.  I was told I would be coming to set up a computer lab and do some computer training.  The volunteer here before me had 30 computers donated from the Dell Foundation and no one knows how to use them.  So I arrive with a rough plan in my head.  I have a curriculum from a former volunteer that I will use and do some basic computer training after I hook up 30 computers and get them all running.


It was my first day at the school, I was shown the computer lab.  30 beautiful Dell computers, all hooked up, 1 printer, 1 internet router.  The volunteer before me had hooked them all up.  He then proceeded to teach 6 months of computer lessons using the curriculum I also was planning to use.  Ummmmmm......


What now???

No comments:

Post a Comment