Saturday, October 2, 2010

COS Trip: Driving to Lake Bunyonyi

We had a lazy morning after the last 3 of our group left for their gorilla trek. The rest of us had a leisurely breakfast, packed up, and headed into town for a little bit. Then we got into the truck and headed out. I wasn’t doing so hot after the long day of hiking in the sun and mountains so I had been appointed to sit up front and was glad for it. I sat in the cab with the driver. The seat…way more comfortable. The window was nice to be able to control the air flow, and the view out the front window was AMAZING! We arrived at our new campsite to set up our tents and I wasted no time before diving into the magnificent Lake Bunyonyi. It is the deepest lake in Uganda and was a beautiful freshwater lake. We hung out by the water until a late dinner, bonfire, and bed. This campsite is definitely a great place to stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment