Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just Peachy!

Peach season has officially begun. I just had my first peach from a
neighbor's tree. It was AMAZING! Maybe even the best peach I've ever
had. It was just the right sweetness and solidness. It looked like how
you would picture a peach to look and was peach colored on the inside,
only it was about the size of 2-3 walnuts. I never knew there were so
many different types of peaches before living here. My host family's
peaches are not ripe yet, but they have about 2 dozen peach trees.
Some are sweeter than others. Some are mushy, some crunchy. Some look
like peaches, some are more yellow, some more green, some more pink.
Some are larger, some smaller. My favorites are from one of the
smaller trees and are a bit greener, crunchier and sweeter than the
rest. Last year by January, I was so sick of peaches. I wish I knew
how to do something with them, like make pie, cobbler, jam, or can
them. Then maybe I wouldn't get so sick of them when my host family
keeps delivering them to my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment