This week we worked on setting goals. It was a huge challange. The girls didn't understand what a goal is or that setting goals is a good thing. We talked a lot about the steps to go through to set a goal that will help you be successful. I found a really cool interactive website that goes through the steps and used it to make a hard copy of the process step by step. Then they created their own goals and went through the steps they'll take to reach that goal. But I guess even the simple steps were too advanced. Next time I guess we need to start with something more simple and defining what a goal is. After that, I split the girls into 3 groups and I worked with 1 group making candles while Cainah and Elizabeth worked with the other 2 groups to finish their piggy banks. Then we rotated groups. The candles took longer than expected, but they turned out great. We had red, blue, and green candles when finished. Someone asked one of the girls what the candles were for. Her answer shocked me. "They're for Christmas." I totally forgot Christmas is in a few weeks. It's too hot for Christmas. :) But ready or not, here it comes. I guess it's time for me to get ready for my dad and Alicia to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment