It’s almost the windy season. You could have fooled me. I thought it was already here. It took me about 10 minutes longer to get to school today because the cold wind was blowing so hard in the opposite direction of the school. It reminded me of Kansas on a windy day, only I couldn’t go into a sealed building here to get out of it.
Dust, dirt, and sand are everywhere. Ah, nothing like gritty food...
I have learned to roll a towel from both ends and shove the unrolled middle under the door. This prevents the sand dune from building inside my door and up against my door on the outside so it can’t blow in when I open the door. Now it only builds up in the corners where the towel doesn’t reach.
I tuck my pillow under the covers so I don’t sleep with my face on “sand paper.”
Beware of hanging white clothes on the line, for they will not come off white, but a reddish brown, the color of the ground here. It’s permanent too.
The gritty sand layer on the floor, make sure to sweep it up good so it can come back in an hour or so.
I am thankful for my glasses. However, sometimes I wish I had brought my snowboarding goggles because then the dirt flying through the air really wouldn’t get in my eyes. And the scarf…well it serves 2 purposes in this cold, windy weather.
Ah, windy season. How I did not miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment