Saturday, May 8, 2010
My First Trip to Town
This village is so rural, there are no taxis. There are 2 buses that go to the 2 towns that we are closest to. Each is 2 hours away. Saturday, only 1 bus comes. Sunday, none. I got on the bus today. I was a little unsure about where and when it picks up people, but I made it on the bus at 8:00 a block from my house. It took 2 hours to get to town and dropped me off. When I got off, I made sure to ask the driver how I would be able to get back to Brooksby. The same bus was going back, so I just had to return and find that bus. Thank goodness it had a number in the window for there were lots of buses. I found my way into the main part of town and got a few groceries. There was some type of competition in the park, but I needed to explore so I didn't get to stay and watch. I think it was a school choir competition. I found the 2 familiar grocery stores and the main stores that I will need. I bought a new bucket since mine lost it's handle in the move to Brooksby and some school supplies for making my computer classes a success. I was a tad nervous I'd miss the bus, so I spent 2 hours looking around and shopping, then I grabbed some KFC and headed back to the bus. I found it no problem (a rarety for me to not get lost in a new place) and was way too early. The bus left around 1:30 and took 2 hours to return me to a block from my house. All in all, a good day. I think I may be able to survive here after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment