Thursday, June 24, 2010

Computer Camp: What's with the community?

2 different women showed up for the community class today. I was a bit surprised, but not at the same time. The first 2 that had come did not return. These 2 new women claimed not to know anything about the computer, just as the first 2 had claimed. They really didn’t though. We went through some of the basics and then began the typing lessons. Every day, I plan to work a little on computer basics and a little on typing. Then I know they are getting a little more out of it, but I’m still teaching what I said I’d be teaching. And I personally think that the skills most people around here need and want are typing skills as they see a computer as the means to a CV – Curriculum Vitae (detailed personal information resume).  I wonder if my first 2 ladies will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment