Friday, June 25, 2010

Computer Camp: Donkey Party

Today I heard the familiar sound and looked out the window. Sure enough, over a dozen donkeys were in the school yard. One of them had started to bray as if it was trying to distract me or something. Donkeys are SO LOUD! What were they doing there? Stupid things are EVERYWHERE! Not that I don’t like the donkeys, I just am still not used to them being so predominant in the community. During the break, I had the boys go chase the donkeys out. But sure enough, they came back once we were in class again. One of the local herders came in close to the end of the day and chased them away again and I went out and closed the gates after the kids left. A little while later, as I was waiting for my community class to begin, I looked up to find 2 donkeys peeking in the door. I jumped a little at that one. I went out and realized it was a baby and mom. Well they baby laid down and the mom didn’t look like she wanted me to get close enough to chase them out. So I let them stay. After the community computer class, the donkeys were still there. I had to chase them away now. So I managed to get them out the first gate and locked it behind them. They wouldn’t move away from the gate though. I thought that was strange until I realized that there was another donkey inside along the fence, grazing on the dead grass. I unlocked the gate and managed to get him out as well. All 3 of them slowly made their way to the second gate but then stopped. I finally gave up and locked them in the field. I’ve seen donkeys in there before, so there must be another way for them to get in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment