Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Computer Camp: Go Home Lassie
Today, one of the kids who hasn’t been to camp yet came. It reminded me of little Timmy with Lassie following him, only times 3. The kid brought his 3 dogs with. I’m not so sure if they were invited or if they followed the kid, but there they were. It was like Lassie, only times 3 and really annoying. I wouldn’t let the dogs come in (that is not culturally acceptable). No one seemed to be bothered by me locking the dogs out until they began to cry. It was so loud, I opened the door to see if one of them was dying or something, not really sure what to expect. The dogs were instantly terrified of me. I could tell not too many humans are nice to this gangly trio. I managed to shoo them off to the side by the kitchen where there was some grass and sun. They stayed there a little while before they started crying again. When they got no response, they came back to the door and made such a loud noise. What do you do when there is an animal outside that won’t shut up? Well most people here will beat the animal, sometimes to death. So I opened the door and gently shooed them away again. These dogs made me want to cry. They were so skinny, obviously terrified of humans from being abused, and desperately wanting their little master to be within view. When class was finished, the kids all ran outside and the dogs happily chased them through the schoolyard and out the gates. I wonder what the story behind it is and I wonder if the kid or the dogs will come back again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment