Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Gift Of The Cow

This magical moment was made possible by my wonderful boyfriend Adam. Today, I gave a little stuffed cow to the cutest little 3 year old girl named Riah. Riah doesn’t have any stuffed animals. Her toys are few. She plays in the dirt with rubbish she can find like a thrown out plastic spoon. She runs around with the other children in the village and finds ways to entertain herself with whatever she can find. She was so overjoyed for the new toy. She couldn’t stop smiling as she ran around the house making noises (I think they were “from the cow”). She made the cow “prance” around on the floor. She hugged it. Now she has something soft and cuddly to play with. So much joy from such a little gesture. I’m glad I could give her this cow. As I left, she raced out the door and was going to walk me home, still so excited and thankful for the cow. Her mom had to finally pick her up and hold her back since she didn’t want to leave my side. Such a good morning.  Thank you Adam.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment