Saturday, August 21, 2010

Last Trip To Town

I’ve got mixed feelings having been to town for the last time. Granted Lichtenburg isn’t that great, but there’s something about it I will miss. It, just like Groblersdal, has a certain hustle and bustle of people walking around and all the shops being comfortable now. (Leave your bags at the door. Look around. Stand in line forever if you wish to buy something…)

This morning, I thought I heard the bus, so I ran out to the bus stop. It was cold and windy. An hour later, the bus actually showed up. I was wrong about hearing it, but I wasn’t the only one. There were 3 others who were waiting for the bus as well. We walked to a nearby house and tried to shield ourselves from the wind. We got to town an hour late and I went around to my usual shops. Getting to town an hour late really put a damper on my town activities. I had a nice lunch at Whimpy at my normal 10:15 time before heading to the Internet Café. B.O. It smelled so bad inside, but I went in to do my business anyway. Upon returning to the bus, I read in my book waiting to leave. Not a bad day in town. I just wish I could stay in town longer or go more often. That is one thing I won’t miss about being in rural South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment