Monday, September 13, 2010
COS Trip: Arrive at Nungwi Beach
8am departure for northern beach. No ATMs were working, so frustrating. I was the only one in the shared bus. No dorms were available, so I got put in a shit hole of a single room but will hopefully move to a dorm tomorrow. I walked up the beach and found a little hut serving food. I ordered fried calamari and it was delicious. It came with rice and I had a coke with it. I spoke with the man running it for a while (my food took 1.5 hours to cook) and his name was Hamish. I went back to the hotel and walked into village looking for internet and bread. I found neither, but the village was very cool. I was falling asleep, but figured I should get food. My clock hadn’t changed the hour so I didn’t realize it was 6:30 not 5:30. I figured I should eat something. I went down to the restaurant and ordered ginger carrot soup. I really wasn’t hungry and the soup was too much, so I saved the bread for a snack tomorrow. It was delicious but took forever to cook. I think I may have even fell asleep at the table. I went to bed and slept about 12 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment