So with 2 days left before my gorilla trip, I needed to find something to do. According to my schedule, I will be in Kampala for 2 more days on my trip with the others from my group, so I don’t want to hit all the attractions alone. I took my time and finally met a lady who I convinced to accompany me to the craft market in town. I’m not sure how it all happened, but somehow I ended up on the back of a motorcycle in the middle of town. I wasn’t so excited for it, but my first motorcycle ride was ok. I can see how it’s a successful business in the city and I can also see how it could be a fun recreational activity for people, but I’m not convinced it’s for me. The craft market wasn’t that great of a market having nothing really unique and it was the first place in Africa that I have been where they wouldn’t bargain. We stopped at a little restaurant for lunch and I had the most wonderful fresh passion fruit juice and some Chinese food. It was delicious and hit the spot. I ended up on the back of another motorcycle that took me to the door of the backpacker. Interesting day, but not one I’d want to really repeat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment