Thursday, September 30, 2010
COS Trip: Long Drive to Kisoro
Early 6am morning departure in the rain…I’m glad I was not in a tent last night! We don’t stop too much, but we did stop for breakfast on the equator, lunch at a little restaurant, a grocery store, and 2 bush toilet stops. The equator was a little bit anticlimactic, but there was a nice marker to identify the spot. One of the guys was going to do the water experiment, but somehow didn’t. I think we may have run out of time. We are racing another truck to the campsite to get the best spot for tents and cooking. We arrived at the campsite just in time to set up our tents before dark. Since I’m #11 and the rest of the group has been traveling for a while together now, I get my own tent. I’m not sure if that is nice or bad. I have to set up and take down and carry alone, but I also get to sleep alone. I guess I’ll find out if it’s good or bad. Tomorrow, I will be tracking gorillas. YAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment