Tuesday, September 14, 2010

COS Trip: Nungwi Beach and Fish Market

Breakfast was nice. It’s included in the hotel and was bread, eggs, fruit, and coffee/tea. It was too much to eat, so I saved the bread for lunch. The dorm room opened up (I’m not sure what the deal was last night since there are 7 beds and only 2 people checked out making it an empty dorm room) so I moved into the new room.



Then I walked up the beach to the fish market. I went into the village and walked around. It was so …… I can’t think of any words to describe it. I wanted to take pictures of all the little huts and the hustle and bustle. Everything was so lively and cramped together. It was so chaotic and maze-like. I know it’s rude to take photos of people, so I tried to take a few of things and the surroundings. When I saw all the women carrying water, I found the well and tried to take a picture of it but the ladies freaked out so I put my camera away.



Then I made it to the edge of the village and stopped in the supermarket to talk with the shop owner. He was very nice and wanted to practice his English. I also had a Stoney Ginger Beer, but it was caked something different here…a Swahili word. It hit the spot though. I headed back to the hotel and relaxed a little before walking down the beach. When I returned home, I washed up and went back to the internet. It was nice to check my email and send an “I’m ok” message. I washed up for dinner and had some pasta that was very tasty. There were 2 cats that came and kept me company while I ate. It was nice. I feel so awkward being alone. Everyone around seems to be with a friend, a significant other, or a group. I actually don’t mind being alone so much except for I attract all the men on the beach and everywhere. I’m not such a fan of that. I was surprised I didn’t burn today. I was wearing 30 on my tan places and 60 on my white places. I wore a bikini and thought I’d get a little pink. I didn’t even get any tan lines. Just the burnt spot from yesterday. I have a small spot on my back that I must have scraped the sun screen off with my thumb nail and it burned to a nice tomato red. Pretty good so far with only that one small spot. Tomorrow, I go snorkeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment